by ND Tourism
Rekindle the romance during February at one of North Dakota’s romantic getaways. Choose from the classic dinner date to a weekend escape at a secluded lodge or cabin. A variety of special trips are available to choose from right here in North Dakota. For more ideas on romantic getaways in North Dakota go to NDTourism.com or call 800-435-5663 or 701-328-2525.
- Romance in the Badlands. The romantic history of the West lives on in the historic, frontier town of Medora. As one of the incredibly irresistible romantic getaways, it is filled with natural treasures and places of historical importance. Take a spin around the ice skating rink then head to Cedar Canyon Spa for a relaxing treat. Plan an evening at Theodore’s for a unique dining experience and cuddle up in the cozy rooms at the Rough Riders Hotel.
- Rustic relaxation. Escape to the prairie for a one-of-a-kind getaway experience and treat that special someone to a relaxing weekend at the Coteau des Prairies Lodge, near Havana. Find yourself at home at this rustic, yet refined lodge, constructed with native North Dakota pine with custom log and steel architecture. You will be awed at every turn, from the magnificent great room to the signature lookout.
- Unwind in the spirit of the Old West. Get some much needed rest and relaxation in one of the unique handcrafted log cabins at Lone Butte Ranch in the Badlands near Grassy Butte. Each cabin is completely private and tastefully furnished to provide modern conveniences without losing the rustic flavor of the West. The generous deck, with an inspiring view, summons guests to slow down and tune in to nature’s gentle harmony. And, nothing is more relaxing than a soak in the hot tub under the North Dakota sky.
- A sweet suite deal. Leave the kids with the grandparents and spend some alone time at the HoDo in Fargo. Tempt your taste buds with a seven-course Valentine’s Prix Fixe meal at the HoDo restaurant, and spend the night in one of Hotel Donaldson’s 17 suites. The Valentine’s suite special includes chocolate covered strawberries and wine delivered to your room.
- Moose Creek Lodge Getaway. Moose Creek Lodge near Langdon offers the perfect combination of rustic charm and cozy comfort. Located in the heart of the Rendezvous Region of northeastern North Dakota, Moose Creek is ideal for both recreation and relaxation. Enjoy breathtaking views and leisurely winter walks. The wildlife in the area includes moose, of course, as well as deer, elk, fox, coyote, eagles and turkeys. The outdoor spa overlooks the Tongue River for a scenic daytime view, and at night you can soak under the stars.
- Romantic lake experience. Lake Metigoshe State Park, nestled in the Turtle Mountains is a peaceful, natural setting with pristine views and unspoiled wilderness. For a new adventure, stay in a yurt and fill your day with fun winter activities including snowmobiling, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Nearby Bottineau Winter Park is home to downhill skiing and tubing hills.
- Give her a Dakotah Rose. Giving roses is a Valentine’s Day tradition. So stick with what works and experience a night of premier lodging in a centuryold home that has all the charm of yesterday at the Dakotah Rose Bed and Breakfast in Minot. Guests are welcomed warmly by their hosts, Jim and Carol Carr, along with many amenities including sweet homemade treats, wine, champagne or sparkling juice. With a number of different romance packages to choose from, you’re sure to come away smelling like a rose.